Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1: National Pig Day

Today is National Pig Day. Bet you didn't know that holiday existed, did you?  It was apparently started in 1972 by a couple of sisters (one in Texas and one in North Carolina), with the goal of according the pig "its rightful, though generally unrecognized, place as one of man's most intellectual and domesticated animals."  You can read all about it on Wikipedia.

To help you celebrate this day, I've rounded up some meal ideas, movies to watch, and some coloring book images that you can print, color, and decorate the livingroom with.  Also, I've drawn you a pig.  A dead-eyed, soulless pig.



Here is a short music video I found for you too.

Recipes:
Movies:
  • Charlotte's Web
  • Babe
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan
  • The Simpsons Movie
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Toy Story
  • The Lion King
  • Chicken Little
Coloring Book Images:
  

Also, since it's Jackson's 9th birthday too, please tell him the steak that you're going to give him is also from me.

5 comments:

  1. I am soooo hungry right now. Why are you showing me food I can't have!? Your pig is going to give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, are these clues? Am I supposed to be looking in the fridge for these ingredients? What if I just threw away a bunch of stuff and it was supposed to be part of the clue or answer or prize? The suspense is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are not clues. When they are clues, I will say "THIS IS A CLUE". I couldn't afford to leave you presents every single day (you know, being unemployed and all) so only some days have clues that lead to presents, and most days will just be nightmarish pig drawings and such. But feel free to remain in suspense indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You promised me presents darn you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have Jackson color a pig for his birthday.

    I'll tell him the Cuban Sandwich is from you.

    ReplyDelete