Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2: Dr. Seuss Day

Today is Dr. Seuss Day!  Scott & Adrienne--remember when we used to do a special version of Camp Sparky day camp by going to a school for Dr. Seuss Day?  We usually did the Lorax and then read to the kiddos.  I think we made masks too.

In honor of the great Dr. Geisel, you should go visit Seussville, create your own Who, play some games, and then go read a book.  Yes, you too Corey.  You can start by reading a short story from the book I loaned you THREE YEARS AGO that you still haven't cracked.  Then you can Skype me in and we can talk about the books we read, like our own mini book club.  It'll almost be like we're all adults or something.

Now for a Dr. Seuss quiz.  For each question you get right, without the help of the internet (honor system! assistance from co-workers is okay, but no google help!), I'll award you a hint to use on a future day's blog post.  Tomorrow is the first day that you will have to find something, so just in case my clues are too tough, wouldn't it be nice to know you've earned a hint or two?  Leave your answers in the comments, and the first correct answer will be awarded a hint!

Question 1: What color is the goo in the story 'Fox in Socks'?
  1. green
  2. red
  3. blue
  4. yellow
Question 2: In the story 'The Cat In The Hat' what was the name of the little girl?
  1. Kelly
  2. Sally
  3. Mary
  4. Nelly
Question 3: Where does the character finally try Sam-I-Am's green eggs and ham? 
  1. In a house
  2. In the water
  3. In the dark
  4. On a train
Question 4: In the Dr.Seuss book 'The Grinch Meets His Max' what animal or thing finally gets rid of the Grinch's itch?
  1. A dog
  2. A zeep
  3. A wump
  4. A stick
Question 5: Which of these is NOT a Dr. Seuss made-up word?
  1. Squitsch
  2. Blowzer
  3. Jicker
  4. Zax

6 comments:

  1. I don't know and I don't know anyone who would. Though I do remember doing the Lorax play with masks. My made-up answers are 3,4, 1, 1, 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two points for Adrienne! #1 and #4 are correct. Good job.

    Don't worry, I didn't know any of them...who knew Dr. Seuss was so tough?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. edit: fixed typo in #2

    1. Good job, Adrienne. I would have guess the same since 'blue' rhymes with 'goo'.

    2. Adrienne guessed 4. I have no idea, so I'll guess the next available answer. 1.

    3. See above. 2.

    4. Jackson!!

    5. Sticking with my strategy in #2 and #3. 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got lucky. Correct answers on #3 and #5. Guess that leaves Scott to see if he can guess #2...he's got a 50/50 shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo!!! Can I guess again on #2? :-)

    ReplyDelete