Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11: Johnny Appleseed Day

I blame Girl Scouts for this, but every time I hear the name Johnny Appleseed, I feel the need to burst into song...

"Ohhhhh...the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord! For giving me, the things I need, the sun and the rain and the appleseed the Lord is good to meeeeee"

Phew.  Sorry about that.  Had to get it out or I might burst.  So yeah--Johnny Appleseed Day.  Johnny Appleseed was of the Swedenborgian Church, had a soft spot for mosquitoes, and was super tall (blame Wikipedia if I'm wrong).  Never married because he either a) was betrayed by a woman (a girl he raised from childhood to eventually be his wife) or b) thought he would get two women in Heaven by skipping women on earth.  Either way, weird-o!

So now, time for your clue to go find some prizes.  There are two of them--one for the boys, and one for Adrienne, but they're hidden together.  I'll try a simpler (I hope) clue this time...

I'm Bow, yo, I'm the greatest wrapper ever ever...

5 comments:

  1. I have a feeling I might know where this one is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEEEET!! Now I can go buy some prenatal vitamins or maybe a chia pet. I'm jealous of the boys, but I appreciate that you thought of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote chia pet. The lime has had plenty of vitamins and not enough Tequila's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lime?!?!?

    Holy crap that thing's growin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but it's a very small lime that the baby fruit timeline makers go by.

    ReplyDelete