Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9: Registered Dietitian Day

You did very well on your challenge yesterday--congrats on earning a delicious prize.  Speaking of delicious prizes, today is Registered Dietitian Day, and they would not approve of such things.  Since it's now officially Lent, and you're supposed to be giving up things you like, such as carbs, I will support you boys' quest to live a healthier lifestyle.  But just for today.  Today I bring you a collection of delicious recipes, most of which probably you will won't eat because they don't fall within your strict guidelines, but you can cook them for Adrienne.

Beef & Potato Salad with Smoky Chipotle

In central Mexico, this salad is a standard—served as an appetizer, main dish or taco filling. Serve it with lime wedges, warm tortillas or tortilla chips.

Chicken with Whole-Grain Mustard & Zucchini in Packets

Mustard and thyme flavor chicken and veggies in this easy dinner.

Crispy Turkey Tostadas

Shredded leftover turkey tops homemade tostadas in this Tex-Mex favorite. \Choose either regular petite diced tomatoes or those with added jalapeños, depending on your inclination for spicy food. Serve with black beans, rice and extra salsa or hot sauce on the side.

Grilled Halibut with Cilantro Garlic Butter

A copy from Adrienne's FB friend, and obviously not my style, but consider this a reminder to try it while I'm gone if you haven't already.





Adrienne, I'm sorry you're reading this at work at feeling hungry.  Distract yourself by reading about the giant fail of baby name selections that some people make.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the disclaimer. I was looking at this longingly and thinking of bolting for the snack machine and some pop tarts. Maybe your disclaimer and the list will give me the strength to munch on almonds instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I think this every time I comment, but perhaps we should start a name list from the verification words on comments. Today's are Copiance, Anemp, Deands, Scerst and Conreh. (I hit post then edit a few times)
    PPS I had a dream that Luella was ill and that we just haaaad to use that name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a nice typical New Mexico type story for you http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-03-09-1Apanchovilla09_CV_N.htm

    Boadis

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a crazy story. Maybe I should include Pancho Villa day in my holiday-a-day theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the name "Egwene" for a girl and "Justus" for a boy. Perfect. You're welcome. Now you just need to pick a middle name.

    Winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lerovk was my captcha. That's a good middle name. So is Verlynau.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little jealous that I don't have captchas when I comment. I want to help name the baby Boadis Lerovk. Which makes me think of Brock Lesnar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlie Sheen would like to weigh in on your recipes:

    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bfb12aea47/charlie-sheen-s-winning-recipes

    ReplyDelete