Thursday, June 14, 2012

You know what music is? Harmonic connection between all living beings.

Good thing I have you to dictate what my music style is.

me: i'm fairly music illiterate as nathan broadcasts to anyone who will listen so [I often listen to] shallow, what they play on the radio crap

You came armed and ready with plenty of options.

you: 15.2 days of 24/7 music without repeating a song. i have purchased a ridiculous amount of stuff from itunes. probably around $1200.

Although, all you really wanted was one specific song.

me: get me drunk and put on [I'm a Playa] and i bust out the whitest rapping the world has seen
you: that's my new goal. wait...that makes me sound like a freak
me: you are
you: it's what i say to all the ladies...

But at least you're willing to make a fool of yourself, too.

you: Two others that I love to belt out are "American Pie" and "Sweet Caroline." I've definitely gotten on stage at a karaoke bar and I wasn't too drunk. Beer definitely helps, but I don't have to have it. I don't always get up when I go, though, because I'm a horrible singer. Understand, though, that I have no qualms whatsover about making an ass of myself in front of a room full of people...I just try not to make it a habit of forcing an entire bar full of people to suffer through my rendition of "Friends in Low Places." Or "Baby Got Back."

You made me a sweet quasi-mixed tape by email, but were concerned I might read into the lyrics.

you: some of the songs/names/lyrics may be meaningful/sappy in relation to our current situation, that's not necessarily the reason they were picked (ie i didnt do this to make you swoon over romantic music, though if you do, that's pretty cute, too)

I promise I didn't read into them. I'm not sure what I would interpret "Last night there was a horse in the road" to mean, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment