Sunday, June 3, 2012

Outside Perspectives

No relationship is really just the two people doing the dating. It's also the opinions of the family and friends that feel the need to stick their nose in it. Their opinions are important to us, and more importantly, they say some really funny things about our new relationships in the early days. So with that, let's get into the outsider perspectives:

OPINIONS ABOUT COREY
Sarah's Mom:
  • "He seems like a nice guy. and smart. Geez...I get dumber every time you meet someone. My position in the pecking order keeps dropping."
  • "Good for him [for receiving an award]. I'm glad he's not a ward of the state. A ward of the zoo. I don't know."
Sarah's Sisters:
  • "Sarah's talking to her future baby daddy"
Sarah's Friends:
  • "I think he's already my bff" (Matt)
  • "He sounds so cute" (Adrienne)
  • "I approve of his dog. but I already told you that. He also has the blue eyes dark hair combo that I approve of." (Adrienne)
  • "Lesbian Sarah usually calls me Smapes, but we had so much fun talking about you tonight that she's decided that she might as well start calling me Smcafee instead."
  • "He does seem to like to talk" (Russell)
  • "Corey seems nice, you do need to teach him about sports though." (Russell)
  • "Tell Corey I like his rack." (Russell)
OPINIONS ABOUT SARAH
Corey's Mom:
  • "Well , I haven't told her [about you] because I'm going to have to explain to her that I am dating a girl named Sarah who is not the same girl as the last girl I was dating who was also named Sarah who she does not know that I am no longer dating. So it's going to be confusing for her."
  • "Sounds right up your alley" [because she works for a nonprofit]
  • "Cubby's gonna get married" 
Corey's Dad:
  • "My dad calls you my 'match ho'"
Corey's Brother:
  • "Stop spittin' game" 
Corey's Friends:
  • "I've gotten a thumbs-up re: you from all the important people"
  • "I like her choice of dress. Pretty and slightly sexy." (Jana)
  • "Good girl. Confident and bawdy. Good combo." (Jana)
  • "Dude, she's a real catch. Try not to fuck this one up." (Tim, although it was an imagined conversation upon learning I liked Kate from Lost)
  • "Marty told me I'm smitten"
Obviously our friends and family are pretty good judges of character. Especially your dad. If only we could get Jackson's take on things...


No comments:

Post a Comment