Saturday, June 16, 2012

Talk Tech to Me

Let's talk about tech, bay-bee, let's talk about you and me...

Oh, technology, how we adore thee. Maybe a little too much, but it just makes us feel superior to everyone else. And what's wrong with that? Our lives would certainly be easier if everyone else was as knowledgeable as us, but I think we (not-so-) secretly like being the ones in the know. And it gives us good stories:
  • me: she said when she "hit backwards it was erasing the whole word" 
  • me: she'll page and say "sarah, how do i add a box?" so i ask if she's in publisher or word, and she says, "um, microsoft i think" 
  • you: i looked at her 2 year old laptop and she had NEVER deleted a file 
  • me: she showed me something she had printed that was supposed to be a normal 8.5x11 but had printed as a tiny, tiny little version of it in the upper left hand corner. so i went to look at her computer, and all the settings seemed normal, so i printed one and it came out fine. i told her i didn't know what she did, but it was working now. as i was walking away she said "too bad i can't print exactly 13--it seems silly to have to pick 16 when i only want 13". i immediately did an about face and realized she was selecting the zoom of 16 pages per sheet instead of typing in how many she wanted. 
  • you: my mom's the worst. she calls me ALL THE TIME 

Although, just to be clear, I've always been just a little ahead of you on the tech front. I mean, I've been using a computer since I was 11 months old and would play Simon on our very early Mac with my dad. Before I could even read. Fortunately, you've always said that you, "find [my] computer-savviness very cute!!" And that you, "really appreciate someone with computer skills." I share my many talents with you, though, because I'm just that generous.
  • me: i've got office 07. i love it 
  • you: really?
  • me: yeah
  • you: i tried it twice. i hate it
  • me: it took adjustment, but i love love it
  • you: maybe you can teach me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment