Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jackson

I may have fallen in love with your dog before I fell in love with you. But I'm sure that doesn't surprise you--Jackson's pretty easy to love. In fact he's camped out on the floor next to me right now, dreaming away. In our early conversations, he (and my future puppy dreams) definitely played a starring role...

you: my dog is CRAZY!!
me: is jackson excited to see your bro's dog?
you: she's in his room so he went apeshit running all over sniffing until he found her
me: love the puppy antics
you: and they've both already eaten a bowl of the other's food

you: When it was time to pick him out, I spent hours playing with all of the different puppies testing them for a variety of characteristics. It shouldn't be much of a surprise that Jackson was at the top of the class in every category. I like to tell people that he picked me, not the other way around.

me: I've always had dogs, and it's tough being without them. I can't wait until the day my life is stable enough that I can get one for myself. A big, furry, loveable one. Like a Newfoundland maybe. Mmmm....puppies...
you: I think Newfoundlands are AWESOME dogs. I like Bernese Mountain Dogs a lot. Big old lovers. I considered a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog as one of the breeds when I was deciding what kind of dog to get--basically a short-haired Bernese.

you: I'd rather pay someone to express Jackson's anal glands than do it myself.

you: Jackson's a pretty good speller, he's just not very good at communication. He says "woof."

you: there's room for you here right now. jackson on one side of my lap, you on the other...
me: not sure i'd want to share
you: he might have something to say about that...

you: Jackson has more nicknames than any person I've met.

me: Adrienne likes both Jackson the dog and Jackson the name. I'm not sure why, actually, she's not even much of a dog person, so it's kind of confusing to me. I guess I'll understand if she one day names her child Jackson.

And now we've got Jenny, who is special in her own way...

No comments:

Post a Comment