Monday, June 18, 2012

Sweet Dreams

Last night I dreamed you proposed to me in the front yard. I was immediately stung by a bee and it turns out I'm allergic. Really allergic. So the romantic moment ended in an ER trip. And yet, somehow that seemed completely in line with what I would expect from us, and in fact, made it more appropriate.

We talked a lot about dreams in our early conversations. The sexy ones, the funny ones, the strange ones, and the dreams of the future. Let's take a trip down memory lane...

me: usually it's my alarm going off and in my dream i'll hear a telephone and i'll start searching for it in my dream. i usually end up in the library frantically pulling books off the shelves, looking for the phone that won't stop ringing.

you: Well, I didn't specifically design the dream dates to include sex, but sometimes that kind of stuff happens at the end of dates.

me: i had a dream several weeks ago that i was pregnant and my thought wasn't even, wtf what am i going to do, it was shit! now i can't play 40-hands!

you: you're dreamy ;-)

me: My dream is to buy land and design and build my own house someday. A couple acres, not too far from some metro area, but still with more earth than concrete. A stream would be nice too. And definitely trees. And room for children and dogs to run and play.

you: i dreamt of you ;-). we were in a hotel only it was actually more of a dorm. like a penthouse dorm. nice as shit. like two beds and a bunch of windows and shit. and one of your friends was with us--female--no clue who it was. so we come back home from wherever. and go to bed. and i remember that we made out. i look over at your friend and she's just looking at us and grinning. and then this is where i fucking crack up--and i think it was related to my real-life situation--but you got hot and freaked out and got up and opened the windows, which gave me a chuckle when i woke up. that was most of the dream other than us being awakened early because our penthouse room was adjacent to like the dorm rec room or whatever. i think we bickered a little because you couldn't find your "little timex watch with a blue bezel". i went to close the windows while you were in the shower and the windows were lowe alpine brand and they were janky as shit.

Oh, look--room for dogs to run and play...

No comments:

Post a Comment