Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Revival

I was trying to come up with something to send you with on your trip, but I couldn't think of much that you wouldn't already have with you that you might like. So I figured I would revive this blog for while you're gone and give you something to read each evening when you're back on shore.

Then, I had to think of things to write about, which was an even bigger challenge, so I've decided just to plagiarize. I came across all our old woo-ing emails earlier this week, so I'll revive a new one each day (with commentary) in an attempt to illustrate just how we got to 4.5 years, anyway. I will probably also post photos of the yard to prove to you I haven't killed all the flowers, and dog/baby pictures, too.

So here we go: Day One.

Apparently I tried to rename you Jack.

--If you could pick my name, what would you pick?  Corey's a good name, but it'd be helpful it were not the same as my last roommate.  Matt is definitely out of the question because I have way too many of those as it is.  Alan, Anthony, Ben, Bill, Bob, Brad, Brandon, Aaron, Chris, Coque, Curtis, Craig, Colin, Charlie, Dan, Dave, David, Don, Eric, Ferdy, Frank, Garret, Greg, James, Jim, John, Jon, Joe, JP, Ken, Mike, Nathan, Nick, Oliver, Paul, Pete, Rick, Russell, Ryan, Sean, Scott, Sam, Steven, Todd, Tom, Trevor, Vic, Wayne, Wyatt and Zak are all taken too.  I don't think you look like an Aidan or Kendrick or any of those "new" types of names parents are giving their children now.  Maybe Jack.  I've always liked the name Jack.

"Corey" has grown on me though, so I suppose you can stick with it.

Also in this email was an itinerary for a theoretical someday future trip to Alaska. Let's see how I did, eh?
  • Drive out to Girdwood to Alyeska (tram up to the top of the mountain)
  • Beluga Point
  • Potter's Marsh
  • Double Muskey
  • Portage Glacier (visitor's center with the moose, bear and giant mosquito)
  • Look for moose along the side of the highway
  • Walking tour of downtown
  • Trivia night at Humpy's
  • Drink a bunch of tasty beer, brewed fresh in Alaska
  • Ship Creek
  • Coastal trail
  • Moose's Tooth
  • Denali
  • Wasilla and Palmer
  • Feed ducks
  • Talkeetna  (with a flight to Denali base camp)
  • Fairbanks
  • Chena Hot Springs
Hmm...well, I guess we'll have to go again. Not too bad, though! Hope your drive was quick and easy and your errand running goes well tomorrow!

Unrelated: Cool Video

No comments:

Post a Comment